Send Postcards Online
Printing and mailing postcards online is a quick, easy, and reliable way to conduct direct mail campaigns and advertise your brand effectively.
PostGrid’s automation API can help businesses send postcards without any hassles. It is ideal for all kinds and sizes of companies. Postcards are suitable for mailing on multiple occasions and are an excellent way to connect with an audience.
Different Postcard Sizes You Can Use
Postcards are among the most flexible direct mail formats—available in many sizes, colors, and paper stocks.
You can choose a type that best suits your needs, budget, and marketing goals.
Below are the most popular postcard sizes you must look into for your business mailings:
The standard postcard size in the US is 4” x 6”.
It helps you prepare postcards that fit USPS guidelines, allowing you to bag the lowest postage rates.
USPS specifies that the minimum postcard dimensions must be 3.5” x 5” x 0.007”. And they should not exceed 4.25” x 6” x 0.016”. Since the 4” x 6” postcards enable businesses to fulfill these requirements, they consider it the standard size!
They are the cheapest and most popularly-used postcards, letting you stay in touch with your audience affordably.
Other standard-size postcards are 3.5” x 5” and 4.13” x 5.83”. You may also consider the 4.72” x 4.72” square postcards, but USPS only considers rectangular cards as standard.
So the Post Office might charge an additional fee, which kills the purpose of choosing a standard-size postcard.
These postcards cost more than the standard ones. But they are apt for communicating messages that don’t fit within the 4” x 6” frame.
Also, they are broader than most envelopes and cards your recipients receive in their mailboxes. Thus, medium-sized postcards are helpful for businesses that want to impress their prospects, grab attention, and motivate them to complete the CTA.
Medium-sized postcards include
- 5” x 8”
- 4” x 9”
- 3.67” x 8.5”
They are excellent for organizations that want to stand out and improve brand visibility. Though expensive, they help them maximize responses and engagement for a better ROI.
Oversized postcard sizes include 6” x 9”, 6” x 11”, and 11” x 15”. Most retail and luxury brands use them to make a statement and drive sales.
However, other industries also use oversized postcards to connect with high-ticket clients or when mailing to a high-intent audience.
You have many options to select from—standard, colored paper, offset, ultra, and nonprofit postcards. The opportunities for you to get creative and leave an everlasting impact on your customers and prospects are endless!
Combine Your Marketing Channels Via Our API Integrations
- Send your marketing postcards through direct mail alongside other advertising campaigns using our direct mail API.
- Integrating our API into your CRM enables you to auto-fetch and autofill your customer data into postcards, facilitating personalization. Hence, you don’t need to manually enter different details into every copy to make your postcards unique for every recipient.
- Also, you can conduct multi-channel campaigns by incorporating our direct mail features into your favorite tools, including Zapier, HubSpot, Salesforce, Marketo, and ActiveCampaign.
- Create, print, and mail your postcards from the same platform you conduct your digital marketing campaigns!
Get Timely Reports and Campaign Insights
- PostGrid’s postcard printing and mailing services let you track your postcards as they move throughout the USPS infrastructure. It helps you be prompt and follow up with your recipients on time.
- You don’t need to enter your USPS tracking numbers one after another on the postal website. PostGrid lets you access a consolidated view of all sent mailers, simplifying your tasks, saving time, and boosting efficiency.
- Get timely campaign reports and analytics to determine whether your campaign was successful. They help you learn your response and conversion rates. You can use these insights to know what works well for your brand ad how to improve your upcoming campaigns.
- PostGrid lets you add custom QR codes and pURLs to your campaign. They redirect your recipients to your dedicated landing pages, where they can complete your CTAs. It helps you add more value to your postcards and drive online traffic to your website.
Send Personalized Photo Postcards to Engage More Customers
- Convert your photos into personalized, printed postcards you can send to your targeted audience to establish personal bonds.
- Share glimpses of your work culture using pictures from your office events, conferences, trade fairs, and meetings to add a personal touch to your postcards. You can also add images of your loyal and happy customers to make your messages more relatable to readers.
- You can add your message at the back. PostGrid helps you design your front and backside separately, allowing you to use the available space efficiently.
- Also, our variable data printing enables you to send personalized postcards with different images, messages, and offers for every prospect!
How to Send Postcards Online?
Sending postcards is easier than you think! The trick is to embrace technological advancements and automate your mailing processes.
PostGrid’s postcard API allows you to send postcards online. Find below the steps to start and launch your campaigns:
Step 1: Choose Your Preferred Template.
You can create your artwork in a few minutes by working with one of our professionally curated HTML and PDF templates. Upload your images and add marketing texts to customize the design based on your message and preferences.
Step 2: Upload Your Mailing List.
PostGrid simplifies adding and selecting contacts for shipping. You may also send postcards online by creating a custom mailing list with us based on your targeted demographics.
Step 3: Choose Your Delivery Service.
Select from First-Class, Express, Marketing, Certified, and Registered Mail options. You can also choose a specific date to launch your mailings, which makes pre-scheduling possible.
Choose 4: Execute and Track.
Once you select everything and place your order, you are ready!
You can check your campaign’s progress via your dashboard. Also, PostGrid lets you track your mailers in real-time to keep you informed.
We print, presort, stamp, and distribute your postcards to your intended recipients, irrespective of the mailing volume and destination.
Reasons why Postcards Make a Great Marketing Collateral
- Postcards are not too big and expensive, providing a very affordable option for direct mailing services.
- They are usually small in size but appealing in nature. PostGrid provides competitive all-in-one pricing to reduce your overall printing and mailing costs.
Deliverability and Versatility
- The deliverability ratio of postcards is typically higher than that of online messages.
- Unlike digital channels, sending postcards in mail enables you to get ahead of the digital chaos and directly reach out to your audience.
- Physical mailboxes are less likely to be spammed. Moreover, postcards don’t require envelopes. Hence, there are more chances for your customers to receive and see your postcards at least once.
- Land in your customer’s physical mailbox with attractive postcards to get new customers, prompt repeat business, highlight your brand image, or maintain business relationships.
- Postcards are highly versatile and can fit according to your needs. PostGrid can help you design various postcards for various occasions and send them online.
- You can send postcards with trackable features like personalized URLs or QR codes to measure your campaign’s performance.
- Personalized postcards enable you to get valuable responses that can be beneficial to your business.
- Postcards are handy and can be easily passed on from one person to another – leading more people to see them.
- Some people also pin postcards to their boards or stick them on refrigerators.
Beat Your Competition and Build Brand Reputation
- Stay ahead of your competitors by sending postcards online frequently.
- You can plan long-term direct mail campaigns or event-triggered mailings, never to miss any advertising opportunities.
- Nowadays, more companies are focused on social media campaigns and have undervalued the use of postcards.
- You can take a step ahead and connect with your customers one-to-one by sending them postcards – that is actually a great way to impress people.
- Create a strong brand image and enhance your reputation by sending custom postcards.
- It can help you build trust among people for your brand. People tend to talk about your company after receiving postcards from you – leading to word-of-mouth publicity.
Online Postcard Printing and Mailing with PostGrid
- With the necessary knowledge and resources at hand, PostGrid can help you print and send postcards online with its automated print and mail solutions.
- You can plan a postcard marketing campaign anytime and from anywhere, without any manual efforts or stocked inventory to be used.
- Companies can get their postcards designed and printed with a few clicks.
- Save your employees’ time, efforts, and resources with quick processing and automated activities.
- Our easy-to-use API can integrate with your CRM systems and speed up the entire process.
- PostGrid’s top-notch solutions can assist you in every step of conducting a direct mail campaign.
PostGrid’s Online Postcard Mailing Solutions Include
- 2-days SLA
- No minimum requirements
- Easy set-up
- Template building and editing options
- Address standardization and verification services
- High-quality postcard printing
- Bulk mailing capability
- Multiple mailing alternatives
- Detailed reporting and campaign analytics
- Real-time tracking
- 24×7 technical support
Frequently Asked Questions
Standard postcards are 4” x 6” or 148 mm x 105 mm. These are equal to ISO 216 A6 paper size. It is the most commonly used size.
However, you can use postcards of different sizes to stand out in your recipient’s mailbox and get them to respond.
One postage stamp to send postcards in the US costs 51 cents. But shipping postcards costs a lot more because you also spend on design, printing, assembling, and other tasks.
The costs depend on your mailing location, volume, paper stock quality, etc. Hence, PostGrid offers all-inclusive rates to help you pay one price for everything. We offer the most competitive in the US and other countries, letting you send postcards online affordably and conveniently.
You can ship postcards in-house! But it will take many days or weeks. Also, your staff must complete many manual activities, like assembling papers, stuffing envelopes, affixing stamps, and taking the postcards to the Post Office.
The alternative and best approach is to automate your postcard mailings. PostGrid lets you prepare, print, and ship postcards online to conduct cost-effective and successful campaigns.
It depends on the mailing service: First-Class, Express, or Standard Mail. You can select one based on your budget and shipping urgency.