Verify and cleanse your address list with PostGrid’s CASS (USPS) and SERP (Canada Post) certified API ensuring higher delivery success rate and eliminating wasted spends on wrong addresses and returned mail. All our addresses are validated and standardized to local postal standards ensuring reliable data output is provided for more efficient operations.
What's an Address Verification or Validation API
Address Verification API plays an important role in ensuring the addresses entered are cleansed, accurate and standardized according to local postal standards for higher accuracy and clean address data for your records.
In many instances, a user is bound to have errors while entering an address on your website or uploading a list with multiple addresses such as missing suite number, wrong postal address, or other types which can cause a lot of confusion, wasted hours, and resources. An address verification software can eliminate this hassle and have clean addresses that save time and money.
Our address verification software allows you to verify, validate or standardize address real-time at the point of entry or allows you to verify in bulk allowing you to verify up to 200,000 addresses at once.
An address validation API integrates with your enterprise system or CRM (primarily your website) to fetch the data and match it with your provided country’s postal services. Using this, you can ensure you have clean data right at the point of entry, reducing the bounce rate of your mail.
How Does Address Verification API Work?
Our Address Verification API is both CASS (USPS) and SERP (Canada Post) certified that ensures all addresses are cleansed, verified, and standardized to local postal standards.
- Create an account with PostGrid – Enter the required details and get your account ready in just a few minutes. The set-up is very self-explanatory and quick.
- Login – Login into your account with your unique user ID and password. A go-to dashboard will be made accessible to you, which will contain everything that you need to use the API.
- Use the API keys – Your test and live API keys will be available for you through the settings menu. You will have to copy the keys from here. It is recommended that you use these keys only on trusted servers to ensure maximum security.
- Paste the keys – The next step will be to paste the URL of our validation API to your website’s address form, where you want the addresses to be verified.
- Start API calls – Once you paste the URL, you will start receiving successful API calls on request. You can even customize it according to you. If you get stuck at any stage or the API is not responding in the way you need, feel free to contact us, and we will help you out instantly.
Why Should You Go for PostGrid
Addresses are verified and validated to local postal standards ensuring higher accuracy in deliverability and eliminating returned mail.
Save your customers’ time with PostGrid’s address autocomplete feature and ensure a seamless user experience and reduced chances of entering wrong addresses with auto suggestion.
Get each address into its different component, viz., address line 1, address line 2, street, city, state, and zip code.
Cleanse, verify and validate addresses efficiently, our Address Verification API is CASS (USPS) and SERP (Canada Post) certified.
The time-saving feature can help you get all the captured addresses in the standard US postal address format.
Get thousands of addresses verified in seconds with PostGrid, and save tons of hours of tedious work.
Industry best pricing without compromising on quality
24 Hour Support
Our support team is available 24 hours a day. If you ever get stuck anywhere in the process get in touch with us.
Benefits of Address Verification API
No more lost direct mail pieces:
If you start using address verification API, then all the addresses present in your database will be accurate without any data duplication or information gaps. Depending on the number of direct mail you send out and how often, you can save tremendous amount of money and time.
And since no mail is returning or getting lost on its way, the chances of lead conversion also rises with twice the speed as before, and subtracting the investment from the outcome; you can start seeing an ultimate boost in your revenue generation.
Best data quality:
With Address Validation API at the point of entry, you can ensure that the right address will enter your system. It not only saves you from sending direct mail to wrong or incomplete addresses but also from spam trying to enter your system.
Besides that, with regular cleaning, verifying, and updating your old data list with PostGrid, you can get a quality database within a few days.
The foundation of a successful business is effective communication with its customers. When your mail reaches the correct address, your chances of missed opportunities decrease exponentially as your relevant offers get in front of the right people.
With PostGrid, you can ensure high-quality output. Most of our clients admit that they were spending more on their direct mail marketing campaigns before they started using PostGrid—it helps decrease the overall cost and increase revenue generation.
Decreased mailing cost:
With better address quality, you automatically reduce wasted spends associated with returned mail or loss of mail due to incorrect addresses. Our address verification software will ensure your addresses are cleansed, verified, and standardized to local postal standards ensuring a smooth print and mail process.
Increment in overall process speed:
with a fast and on-the-spot Address Validation API, you can completely eliminate the manual work and speed up the process. As it takes around 3-5 business days to verify the collected addresses manually.
Faster turnaround time:
with less manual work and verifying the addresses instantly on submission, you can also send the requested document (or a particular offer) in comparatively less time.
You can verify as many numbers of addresses as you want. From thousands to millions of addresses, our address validation software helps our clients verify them all.
Which type of businesses need address verification API
- E-commerce platforms: Most established stores use e-commerce platforms to sell their products. Often, to make the buying process easier, companies offer built-in shipping solutions. These platforms integrate an address verification tool, like PostGrid, with their site, to prevent the loss of packages, wrong address delivery, or unnecessary returns.
- Branding Personal Stores: Most businesses start to sell – the products available in their stores – online and offer shipping options to their customers for convenience. However, in an era of online payment, delayed delivery, or sending the package to the wrong address may ruin the stores’ reputation and cause loss of business. That’s why most such companies contact us to get PostGrid’s Address Validation API for verifying the addresses in their database.
- The 3PLs: Some third-party logistics companies – that contract with the online brands and other product selling businesses for shipping their products – usually take address validation service like PostGrid. These services help them serve their clients better with minimum returns.
- Short-term Rental Homes Service Sites: Most of the time, when a new user lists their property on a site like these, it becomes necessary to confirm the location to prevent the end-user from getting lost or having difficulty in finding the homes. It’s especially essential for users opting to pre-book homes or hotels. Address Validation API & tools like PostGrid help businesses gain the trust of their customers by providing them accurate data.
- Credit Check Services: Banks or other financial services companies – which are not directly related to shipping mailpieces – can benefit from the address verification API like PostGrid for saving money. To connect the people offering and needing a loan, the companies require to do a credit check. And despite the accuracy of the data provided, they need to get the job done. That’s why PostGrid offers address validation software for a wide variety of businesses. It helps avoid misspending.
How to Use our Address Verification API:
PostGrid allows brands and companies to verify thousands of addresses in seconds. To clean your database and get rid of the information gaps, you’ll need to follow some steps:
- Create an account on PostGrid
- Login and open the PostGrid dashboard
- Secure your account by adding trusted domains only
- Click on setting → Addresses → Copy your API keys
- Paste the API URL in your browser
Once you’ve followed the steps described above, you’ll get a successful API call. If you face any difficulty in the process or cannot get the successful call, you can contact us or check our FAQs page.