API in Action
Capture the right address every time. 245+ Countries Covered. Get Accurate Global Address Data Everytime.
TRY IT OUT
output Address result
3075 14th Ave. #212, Markham,
ON, L3R 5M1, Canada
Address Autocomplete API
Address Autocomplete API feature could significantly improve the user’s convenience while navigating through your website, mobile app, or landing pages. It suggests the street address to your users when they type an address into a form. The Autocomplete feature is greatly convenient for the users and actually encourages them to fill out forms, making it ideal for landing pages.
Furthermore, through the Address Autocomplete API offered by PostGrid, you can ensure that the data you obtained is accurate and reliable because it reduces the keystrokes and mistakes that the users often make. The application of the address autocomplete service does not stop there either. It can significantly simplify the checkout process for websites or reduce cart abandonment by minimizing shopper fatigue.
Want to know more about how your business can benefit from PostGrid’s address validation API?
What is an Address Autocomplete API?
An address autocomplete API is a form checkout feature that automatically fills street addresses based on what a user is typing. This feature may suggest street names, pin codes, and locality based on what you provide while adding details in the address field.
Businesses use the address autocomplete API to reduce typing errors, keystrokes, or incomplete address data input. It improves address reliability and reduces the possibility of wrong address entry. The validation generally happens by an autocompleted list of addresses from an authentic address data platform. A validation API is helpful for information checkout, a seamless billing experience, or local searches. Address autocomplete is crucial for billing, local searches, and easy checkouts.
Why You Need Address Autocomplete API
Avoid Bad Data
You can avoid the clustering of bad data in your postal address database and keep it clean with only your customers’ relevant and deliverable addresses.
Boost Deliverability Rate
Simplify Checkout Process
Implement easy checkout on your eCommerce website with an address autocomplete feature by implementing an easier and faster checkout process with minimal error.
Reduce Cart Abandonment
The address auto-fill API helps you reduce the cart abandonment rate on your eCommerce website by bringing down the shopper’s fatigue.
Eliminate common typographical errors made by the user while entering their address details and effectively keep your data clean.
Address autocomplete standardizes the addresses before saving them to your database and helps in making the delivery faster by implementing the local postal authority format for the addresses.
The address autocomplete can validate bulk addresses entered by the users and ensure that the given address is real and deliverable before saving it.
Superior Data Quality
- It is vital for businesses to collect accurate data because the data quality can directly affect their business operations. The best way to ensure it is to ascertain that the data obtained is correct right from the point of onboarding.
- PostGrid ensures superior data quality from onboarding through its advanced address lookup API that verifies the address of the user in real time as they type in the form.
- PostGrid uses the official postal address database of USPS and geocoding API to ensure there is no bad data and also allows your business to make sure that the address provided by your user is real and deliverable.
- Unlike Google’s address database which is updated sporadically, the postal address database of USPS is updated regularly and thereby enhances the data quality.
- Superior data quality means higher deliverability rates, enhanced customer experience, and positive conversion rates.
Also Read: Best Virtual Mailbox Services
How is the Address Autocomplete API Different from the Geocoding API?
The address autocomplete API suggests addresses by the provided texts, whereas the geocoding API searches the corresponding location based on an address. The autocomplete feature can also work with fragments of an address and give the full address. However, the geocoding API pins location with whatever address detail users provide.
Address Autocomplete API for Various Industries.
Here’s how different industries can use address autocomplete API:
Health organizations and other facilities like hospitals, nursing centers, or pharmaceuticals use address verification services for clean and accurate data maintenance. Such healthcare facilities can integrate the API into their hospital management system (HMS). Incorporating the address autocomplete API with HMS lets healthcare facilities use its features regularly under their everyday workflow.
Here are a few examples of how address automation is helpful for healthcare bodies:
- Patient data protection: Address autocomplete API provides a secure data entry. Platforms like PostGrid dedicatedly follow privacy guidelines like HIPAA’s to keep patient records confidential and private.
- Send medical information to the correct addresses: Healthcare facilities can send medical bills, prescriptions, appointment reminders, etc, to valid addresses using this API. It saves time, time, effort and money by keeping the possibility of error.
- Patient identity verification: PostGrid’s address autocomplete lets healthcare businesses use geocoded data to verify the address data. It can identify span data and help you maintain an updated and accurate database.
- Improve medical billing: You can generate medical or other healthcare bills with precise data using our address autocomplete API.
The use of address autocomplete in financial services is essential, and you should learn how to use it effectively. It helps financial institutions and agents to verify data using the USPS database.
This process lets you access precise information and cut down on error possibilities. Hence, it is essential that commercial banks, economic agents, brokerage agencies, CPA firms, etc., have an authentic address autocomplete API.
Autocomplete assists you in processing loan applications: You can easily verify client addresses, ensuring you have the correct data for the services. It speeds up the whole process and increases work efficiency.
The autocomplete feature makes credit card applications and verification a breeze. Address autocomplete lets you cross-check the stored data and ensure it gets shipped to the correct address, avoiding return mailers. Hence, it saves time, money, and effort.
Life and Other Insurance Businesses
You can efficiently onboard clients and quickly validate addresses without any hassle. Moreover, brands can also send promotional mailers to a verified and valid address, saving money and resources. It ensures high responses on sent mail pieces and adds missing information.
Address autocomplete helps retain clients. Financial institutions can use direct mail marketing to send greetings and other marketing material to the correct address. It lets you build and maintain client relationships.
The feature speeds up the claim calculation process. Financial businesses can quickly verify a customer’s location to calculate claim payment. An address autocomplete API enables you to process claims promptly with an easy verification system.
It ensures data enrichment. Address autocomplete API lets you have good-quality and authentic data, saving time and improving user experience.
Retail and E-Commerce
E-commerce companies must use this feature to give customers a faster checkout experience. Customers can enter a verified address with a few keystrokes.
PostGrid’s address autocomplete API lets customers select verified, error-free, and deliverable addresses.
Retail businesses can benefit tonnes from an address autocomplete API. It promotes quick checkout and a better user experience.
An address autocomplete API also lets retailers:
- Seamless user experience
- Improve point-of-sale experiences
- Manage shipments efficiently
- And store relevant customer data
Real estate businesses use address autocomplete APIs to cross-check all the addresses they have posted or plan to post online. It enables them to be more efficient by saving time and resources.
Other things our autocomplete API can help businesses with:
- Batch geocoding of massive data.
- Data collection from authentic and reliable sources.
- Reliable client prospecting.
Real estate firms use the address autocomplete API to maintain the accuracy of various databases. For example, let’s say you own a property listing website. You can use APIs like PostGrid to integrate address verification and autocomplete features without coding.
Also Read: What is Geolocation
Reasons to Employ PostGrid’s Address Autocomplete API
Secondary Unit Designators
PostGrid provides you with the primary address of the user and includes the “secondary unit” of their address, meaning it may suggest the building number of the user’s address.
PO Boxes, APOs, FPO, DPOs
PostGrid’s auto-complete API carefully handles all secondary unit designators, including PO boxes (POBs), Army Post Offices (APOs), Fleet Post Offices (FPOs), and Diplomat Post Offices (DPOs).
Standardization & Validation
PostGrid does not complete the address provided by your user. The address is standardized and validated to be real by checking with the official postal address database of USPS for quick and easy postal delivery.
With PostGrid’s zero-code integration, you can easily implement the address auto-complete API without the help of a developer. All you need is our API documentation and you are all set to go.
Mobile App Supported
With more than half the online traffic coming through mobile devices, PostGrid’s address autofill API allows you to integrate its advanced features into your mobile application for a better user experience.
What We Are Better Than Google’s Autocomplete API
- Google Places Autocomplete API is purely based on its geocodes and geolocation data. It does not consider other intrinsic factors like USPS deliverability, address classification, etc.
- PostGrid directly uses the official address database of the USPS before auto-completion of the addresses typed into your website contact form. This means that the deliverability of the address is ensured using PostGrid’s address validation service.
- Google does not standardize or validate the address you provide, while PostGrid standardizes the address, ensuring that the postal mail quickly goes through the delivery pipeline, avoiding any time wastage. It also so far as to validate the given address to be real and deliverable by the USPS.
- There is a possibility that Google may suggest you a fake address as it does not verify the address pushed through it with the official postal address database of USPS, while PostGrid does not make such mistakes.
- The Coding Accuracy Support System or CASS is a tool that USPS created for ensuring that the software tapping into USPS’s official postal address database is accurate meaning that any software that is CASS-certified is bound to give you accurate data.
- PostGrid is a CASS-certified software. Its API carries out address standardization and verification using the USPS’s official database. Thus, ensuring the accuracy and deliverability of the addresses at the point of onboarding.
- Advanced CASS-certified software like PostGrid is equipped to provide the ZIP+4 code of an address that is extremely useful for the USPS while making a delivery. It speeds up the process to ensure that the package is delivered to its destination at the earliest.
Perfect Match for eCommerce
- The address autofill API from PostGrid is a perfect match for eCommerce websites/businesses for international address verification as it enhances user convenience and provides a more streamlined experience for them while browsing through the store and making a purchase.
- A streamlined checkout process allows the user to automatically fill in their address, making it super convenient for them to make a purchase and subtly encouraging them to complete the purchase.
- Shopper fatigue is greatly reduced, especially for customers who have spent hours browsing through your eCommerce store to find the perfect product for them. An autocomplete feature allows the user to relax and effectively reduce cart abandonment, often caused by a complicated checkout process.
- The user often makes typographical errors while typing in their addresses and this could potentially turn into a nightmare for your customer service team. With PostGrid’s address checker tool, the customer is, in fact, always right because it ensures the accuracy of the data provided by the customer.
Ideal fit for USPS & Canada Post
- PostGrid comes certified by CASS (Coding Accuracy Support System) by USPS and SERP (Software Evaluation and Recognition Program) by Canada post.
- The CASS and SERP certifications mean that the autocompleted by PostGrid is real and deliverable by the relevant postal services. You can be sure that the postal mail you sent has been received by the addressee when sent via USPS or Canada Post.
- You receive premise-level data of the addresses through PostGrid that further reassures you that the address is correct and also gives you an idea of where the said address belongs.
Scalable REST API
- PostGrid isolates the test environment from the live environment so that you can be sure that your existing system works unaffected.
- PostGrid’s address lookup can work in tandem with your existing system without causing any internal conflicts with the existing systems, thereby safeguarding the integrity of your website even after the integration.
- Our address auto-complete API comes with a fully documented API library that holistically documents every endpoint using OpenAPI. Furthermore, PostGrid allows you to access it from your favorite tools and languages.
- The Address Autocomplete API from PostGrid is built to scale, implying that its infrastructure can easily handle millions of API calls simultaneously. Therefore, no matter how big a company you run or how huge traffic it drags in, our API can keep up with your requirements and serve your business without a halt.
- PostGrid brings you an absolute zero-code API integration, allowing anyone, even if the person does not have the slightest clue about coding, to easily integrate this API to their website and mobile apps.
- PostGrid’s Auto Complete API comes with a Zapier integration that enables you to connect our address verification API and auto-complete capabilities with over 1600 apps.
- PostGrid even offers you standalone cloud software that can be used for address standardization, address verification, and address validation to ensure that you have the right address and confirm its deliverability.
- PostGrid’s Address API comes equipped with an advanced API dashboard that lets you track API usage, and manage templates, contacts, and other API resources, thus providing you with superior visibility and control over the API.
- The API dashboard provided by PostGrid further gives you access to detailed analytics. This includes viewing valuable data and insights, including the status of all of your mailings. Furthermore, you also get complete searchability of all current and past orders.
- The API dashboard from PostGrid also facilitates user management which allows you to invite other users in your organization to PostGrid and enable them to integrate the API. Once they have accepted the invitation, they can also use the dashboard. This can be invaluable for sharing valuable data inside your company, including your marketing team.
Detailed Analytics and Tracking
- You can access the detailed activity log of your orders through the advanced API dashboard from PostGrid. This means you get access to important data such as all sending/delivering activity, including the status of your every order, existing or past ones alike.
- PostGrid further allows database search and export through its API dashboard. This means that you can search for print-ready renderings of all mailings at any time, and you can even have them downloaded as per your requirements.
- PostGrid’s Address Autocomplete API comes with granular metadata capability which enables you to attach application-specific metadata to any API resources. As a result, you are able to improve visibility and simplify the integration.
Address Auto Complete API: The Insight
Autocomplete address API is a Restful API that helps you achieve better outcomes for data lookups or searches with reduced keystrokes. You can use spatial and region filters to return results that are more relevant to their needs, such as the ones that are within a specific country or close to their location.
We cover 245+ countries and territories worldwide.
Address autocomplete is an interface that gives the users a variety of type-head search capabilities and related functionalities. Because the program tends to send queries when a user enters the address. The API also provides real-time predictions in terms of address in a few keystrokes.
In other words, an address autocompleting API is a web form that automatically suggests the complete address to the users when they type in an address into a web form. It is known to reduce the keystrokes along with other errors that a user tends to type in.
An address autocomplete API helps you retrieve both the address and the data. Using PostGrid’s Restful API, you can find, cleanse, and standardize addresses more efficiently. Furthermore, you can use the US autocomplete address API for:
- Eliminate keystrokes for shipping and billing information during checkout
- Help shoppers avoid abandoning their carts
- Reduce typos
- Standardize the formatting of addresses according to local requirements
- Verify the validity of addresses
- Reduce the number of invalid addresses
Address Autocomplete VS. Verification
Let us differentiate between various kinds of mostly-used popular address management APIS. It will help you easily integrate these with your system solutions to scale up & optimize your address processing.
- An Address Autocomplete API is best recommended for web forms & other dynamic fields. So, when a user types in the address or customer record, it tends to show such records with ZIP or Postal codes. It also includes capturing the data inputs & comparing them with other authentic databases. Once the autofill Address API detects the data matches, it displays them with the real-time details available on the web. By doing so, you can see many verified, formatted, and standardized addresses easily. Another advantage of using an auto complete API is that as a user, you can select what you need, and whoosh…. you are ready to go!
- Whereas address verification API is said to be a universal solution. It helps the users validate the addresses to ensure accurate delivery, including constant AVS checks, address parsing, and customer/ user identity verification. Compared to US Address Autocomplete, address verification API sustains automated standardizations and parsing of the addresses. It helps you remove the wrong addresses from the database as per the USPS standards. Furthermore, Address verification APIs are generally used by many online businesses, healthcare, financial, and other organizations that accumulate large volumes of customer data.
Such differences between these APIs help you choose the right solutions you require. If you have a web resource, website, platform, or even an application that can be benefited from an address auto complete API, try discovering the other available options as mentioned below.
Capabilities of an Autofill Address API
When integrating an autofill address API, it is crucial to understand and select a solution that helps scale your business. Remember, platforms like PostGrid will work as a core part of your tech-stack while providing you with the following capabilities:
Producing Unit-based Data
It includes apartment, suite, room numbers, and cross-country or foreign addresses. Here, users can locate internal units as per their requirements.
Simplified UI & UX
Autocomplete address UI should align with your business as customers search for addresses naturally in various countries using different formats and languages. With fuzzy matching, a high-end solution will efficiently grasp an address in the case of typos, spelling errors, and other related errors.
As a tool, PostGrid provides you with optimal results and automatically detects the country the user is in when locating the matching addresses. It is to allow you to build a single checkout form for every client that visits your web platform.
Solutions like PostGrid handle high-speed and large-volume mailings or transactions as your business may process thousands of queries a minute.
High-Quality Data & Information
Data is drawn from high-quality data sets, such as the USPS & other Postal Service, to serve as the source of a good address autocomplete API. Address information should be current and accurate.
Compatible with Cross-functional Devices
The API highly supports cross-devices while targeting or browsing the experience of your customers.
Benefits of Address Autocompleting API
A company’s operational efficiency, checkout flows, and error prevention can be improved with address auto complete technology. Standardized and verified addresses ensure a smooth shopping experience from point of sale (PoS) to order fulfillment and delivery. The following are the benefits address autocomplete API delivers to businesses:
- Data with accurate addresses. Correct address data as soon as possible to reduce the number of failed deliveries
- Reduce the number of abandoned shopping carts. Improve the ease of checkout for customers
- Automatically suggesting addresses, phone numbers, and emails save customers time and confirm their accuracy in real-time
- As a result, customer records are kept accurate. Address autocompleting APIs can help you to keep customer records accurate
- Easy phone & email verification. You can also keep track of ready data, in real-time
Why Use Autocomplete Address API?
Use cases for the Geocoder Autocomplete API are summarized in the following table.
|Typically, after the end-user begins typing, a list of address suggestions appears. By selecting an address from this list, the end-user can determine how to locate it.
|Help with Spelling Errors
|In response to the user input, suggestions are immediately provided so that they may complete, standardize, or correct them accordingly.
|Helps with all the aspects of Addresses
|You receive help in completing an address-related request depending on your requests.
How Does PostGrid’s International Address Autocomplete Work?
Address format varies with country and geography. There are significant differences in the address styles of various countries. An address autocomplete lets you be in pace with these differences. It automatically reformats and fills the addresses based on country guidelines. PostGrid’s international address autocomplete holds a database of about 255+ countries.
It helps enterprises predict international addresses in real time. Additionally, it enables the automatic completion of the transliteration process for every entry. Organizations can send mailers to any country and ensure they reach the correct destination.
PostGrid’s Bulk Address Autocomplete
PostGrid also offers bulk address autocomplete and verification solutions. It lets businesses integrate our autocomplete API in the system to know the number of delivery addresses beforehand.
Bulk address autocomplete is helpful to businesses as:
- They help in verifying old addresses in bulk before using them mindlessly.
- They enable client websites to deal with more traffic.
PostGrid offers businesses flexible pricing. They can select their packages based on their business needs. Many organizations can easily upgrade or switch to a different plan without undergoing extra steps.
Build New Mailing Lists With PostGrid’s Address Autocomplete API
Different businesses can create a targeted mailing list from scratch using PostGrid’s address autocomplete API. You can choose the mailing list based on various demographics and target your marketing pieces accordingly.
The address autocomplete API from PostGrid allows you to build new mailing lists for various locations. For example, a business should target all people from ZIP code 10003. It helps you advertise locally and conduct data mapping. Moreover, our quick and accurate address autocomplete saves time and delivers results within microseconds.
Get in touch to learn more about PostGrid’s address autocomplete API!
Our address verification API is USPS compliant and CASS-Certified Restful API. You can easily integrate the same with any of your tech-stack, system solutions, and more. PostGrid helps you autocomplete addresses while checking out or even help others to fill out any web-based form. Our service also sustains user roles, so you can be assured that your data is safe while processing. Additionally, it securely manages and handles your data and stores everything in the cloud.
Sign up with us today and get started with address verification and address complete API for your business.
FAQs About Autocomplete API
What is the difference between Address Autocomplete API and Geocoding API?
The address autocomplete API also helps the users with return address suggestions for the added address data. Whereas, Geocode API helps search the location for the added address. Additionally, the address autocompletes API tends to work with a partial address too and help you find addresses too, while Geocode API does not- It assumes that the address you provided is complete.
How to use Address Autocomplete API?
Address autocomplete API lets you build high-quality data including address inputs along with verification forms. In case you call the API when on user-input and highlight the address suggestions in a drop-down list. You can read more, by going through our docs.
What is the pricing of Autocomplete Address API at PostGrid?
You can choose from our packages to use our Address Verification API. You can check the pricing page for more details.
Can I use the Address Autocomplete API for Free?
Umm… We do not currently offer any free plan yet. But, you can save 10% by choosing from our packages today.
What payment methods do you accept?
PostGrid accepts different types of payments, and they are generally credit cards and debit cards. They include:
China UnionPay (CUP)
Discover & Diners
Japan Credit Bureau (JCB)
You can go through our pricing page to start up with address verification and save a 10% discount. Click here to visit our pricing and verify high-quality addresses.