API in Action
Capture the right address every time. 245+ Countries Covered. Get Accurate Global Address Data Everytime.
TRY IT OUT
output Address result
3075 14th Ave. #212, Markham,
ON, L3R 5M1, Canada
Address Autocomplete API
Address Autocomplete API is a feature that could significantly improve the user’s convenience while navigating through your website, mobile app, or landing pages. It suggests the street address to your users when they type an address into a form. The Autocomplete feature is greatly convenient for the users and actually encourages them to fill out forms, making it ideal for landing pages.
Furthermore, through the Address Autocomplete API offered by PostGrid, you can ensure that the data you obtained is accurate and reliable because it reduces the keystrokes and mistakes that the users often make. The application of the address autocomplete service does not stop there either. It can significantly simplify the checkout process for websites or reduce cart abandonment by minimizing shopper fatigue.
Want to know more about how your business can benefit from PostGrid’s address validation API?
Why You Need Address Autocomplete API
Avoid Bad Data
You can avoid the clustering of bad data in your postal address database and keep it clean with only your customers’ relevant and deliverable addresses.
Boost Deliverability Rate
A clean postal address database means that almost all your direct mail will reach its destination. As PostGrid offers 99.99% deliverability using its fully automated address verification tool.
Simplify Checkout Process
Implement easy checkout on your eCommerce website with an address autocomplete feature by implementing an easier and faster checkout process with minimal error.
Reduce Cart Abandonment
The address auto fill API helps you reduce the cart abandonment rate on your eCommerce website by bringing down the shopper’s fatigue.
Eliminate common typographical errors made by the user while entering their address details and effectively keep your data clean.
Address autocomplete standardizes the addresses before saving them to your database and helps in making the delivery faster by implementing the local postal authority format for the addresses.
The address autocomplete can validate bulk addresses entered by the users and ensures that the given address is real and deliverable before saving it.
Superior Data Quality
- It is vital for businesses to collect accurate data because the data quality can directly affect their business operations. The best way to ensure it is to ascertain that the data obtained is correct right from the point of onboarding.
- PostGrid ensures superior data quality from onboarding through its advanced address lookup API that verifies the address of the user in real-time as they type in the form.
- PostGrid uses the official postal address database of USPS and geocoding API to ensure there is no bad data and also allows your business to make sure that the address provided by your user is real and deliverable.
- Unlike Google’s address database which is updated sporadically, the postal address database of USPS is updated regularly and thereby enhances the data quality.
- Superior data quality means higher deliverability rates, enhanced customer experience, and positive conversion rates.
Reasons to Employ PostGrid’s Address Autocomplete API
Secondary Unit Designators
PostGrid provides you with the primary address of the user and includes the “secondary unit” of their address, meaning it may suggest the building number of the user’s address.
PO Boxes, APOs, FPO, DPOs
PostGrid’s auto complete API carefully handles all secondary unit designators, including PO boxes (POBs), Army Post Offices (APOs), Fleet Post Offices (FPOs), and Diplomat Post Offices (DPOs).
Standardization & Validation
PostGrid does not complete the address provided by your user. The address is standardized and validated to be real by checking with the official postal address database of USPS for quick and easy postal delivery.
With PostGrid’s zero-code integration you can easily implement the address auto complete API without the help of a developer. All you need is our API documentation and you are all set to go.
Mobile App Supported
With more than half the online traffic coming through mobile devices, PostGrid’s address autofill API allows you to integrate its advanced features into your mobile application for a better user experience.
What we are Better Than Google’s Autocomplete API
- Google places Autocomplete API is purely based on its geocodes and geolocation data. It does not consider other intrinsic factors like USPS deliverability, address classification, etc.
- PostGrid directly uses the official address database of the USPS before auto-completion of the addresses typed into your website contact form. This means that the deliverability of the address is ensured using PostGrid’s address validation service.
- Google does not standardize or validate the address you provide, while PostGrid standardizes the address, ensuring that the postal mail quickly goes through the delivery pipeline, avoiding any time wastage. It also so far as to validate the given address to be real and deliverable by the USPS.
- There is a possibility that Google may suggest you a fake address as it does not verify the address pushed through it with the official postal address database of USPS, while PostGrid does not make such mistakes.
- The Coding Accuracy Support System or CASS is a tool that USPS created for ensuring that the software tapping into USPS’s official postal address database is accurate meaning that any software that is CASS-certified is bound to give you accurate data.
- PostGrid is a CASS-certified software. Its API carries out address standardization and verification using the USPS’s official database. Thus, ensuring the accuracy and deliverability of the addresses at the point of onboarding.
- Advanced CASS-certified software like PostGrid is equipped to provide the ZIP+4 code of an address that is extremely useful for the USPS while making a delivery. It speeds up the process to ensure that the package is delivered to its destination at the earliest.
Perfect Match for eCommerce
- The address autofill API from PostGrid is a perfect match for eCommerce websites/businesses for international address verification as it enhances user convenience and provides a more streamlined experience for them while browsing through the store and making a purchase.
- A streamlined checkout process allows the user to automatically fill in their address, making it super convenient for them to make a purchase and subtly encouraging them to complete the purchase.
- Shopper fatigue is greatly reduced, especially for the customers who have spent hours browsing through your eCommerce store to find the perfect product for them. An autocomplete feature allows the user to relax and effectively reduce cart abandonment, often caused by a complicated checkout process.
- The user often makes typographical errors while typing in their addresses and this could potentially turn into a nightmare for your customer service team. With PostGrid’s address checker tool, the customer is, in fact, always right because it ensures the accuracy of the data provided by the customer.
Ideal fit for USPS & Canada Post
- PostGrid comes certified by CASS (Coding Accuracy Support System) by USPS and SERP (Software Evaluation and Recognition Program) by Canada post.
- The CASS and SERP certifications mean that the autocompleted by PostGrid is real and deliverable by the relevant postal services. You can be sure that the postal mail you sent has been received by the addressee when sent via USPS or Canada Post.
- You receive premise-level data of the addresses through PostGrid that further reassures you that the address is correct and also gives you an idea of where the said address belongs.
Scalable REST API
- PostGrid isolates the test environment from the live environment so that you can be sure that your existing system works unaffected.
- PostGrid’s address lookup can work in tandem with your existing system without causing any internal conflicts with the existing systems, thereby safeguarding the integrity of your website even after the integration.
- Our address auto-complete API comes with a fully documented API library that holistically documents every endpoint using OpenAPI. Furthermore, PostGrid allows you to access it from your favorite tools and languages.
- The Address Autocomplete API from PostGrid is built to scale, implying that its infrastructure can easily handle millions of API calls simultaneously. Therefore, no matter how big a company you run or how huge traffic it drags in, our API can keep up with your requirements and serve your business without a halt.
- PostGrid brings you an absolute zero-code API integration, allowing anyone, even if the person does not have the slightest clue about coding, to easily integrate this API to their website and mobile apps.
- PostGrid’s Auto complete API comes with a Zapier integration that enables you to connect our address verification API and auto-complete capabilities with over 1600 apps.
- PostGrid even offers you standalone cloud software that can be used for address standardization, address verification, and address validation to ensure that you have the right address and confirm its deliverability.
- PostGrid’s Address API comes equipped with an advanced API dashboard that lets you track API usage, and manage templates, contacts, and other API resources, thus providing you with superior visibility and control over the API.
- The API dashboard provided by PostGrid further gives you access to detailed analytics. This includes viewing valuable data and insights, including the status of all of your mailings. Furthermore, you also get complete searchability of all current and past orders.
- The API dashboard from PostGrid also facilitates user management which allows you to invite other users in your organization to PostGrid and enable them to integrate the API. Once they have accepted the invitation, they can also use the dashboard. This can be invaluable for sharing valuable data inside your company, including your marketing team.
Detailed Analytics and Tracking
- You can access the detailed activity log of your orders through the advanced API dashboard from PostGrid. This means you get access to important data such as all sending/delivering activity, including the status of your every order, existing or past ones alike.
- PostGrid further allows database search and export through its API dashboard. This means that you can search for print-ready renderings of all mailings at any time, and you can even have them downloaded as per your requirement.
- PostGrid’s Address Autocomplete API comes with granular metadata capability which enables you to attach application-specific metadata to any API resources. As a result, you are able to improve visibility and simplify the integration.
Address Auto Complete API: The Insight
Autocomplete address API is a Restful API that helps you achieve better outcomes for data lookups or searches with reduced keystrokes. You can use spatial and region filters to return results that are more relevant to their needs, such as the ones that are within a specific country or close to their location.
Address autocomplete is an interface that gives the users a variety of type-head search capabilities and related functionalities. Because the program tends to send queries when a user enters the address. The API also provides real-time predictions in terms of address in a few keystrokes.
In other words, an address autocompleting API is a web form that automatically suggests the complete address to the users when they type in an address into a web form. It is known to reduce the keystrokes along with other errors that a user tends to type in.
An address autocomplete API helps you retrieve both the address and the data. Using PostGrid’s Restful API, you can find, cleanse, and standardize addresses more efficiently. Furthermore, you can use the US autocomplete address API for:
- Eliminate keystrokes for shipping and billing information during checkout
- Help shoppers avoid abandoning their carts
- Reduce typos
- Standardize the formatting of addresses according to local requirements
- Verify the validity of addresses
- Reduce the number of invalid addresses
Address Autocomplete VS. Verification
Let us differentiate between various kinds of mostly-used popular address management APIS. It will help you easily integrate these with your system solutions to scale up & optimize your address processing.
- An Address Autocomplete API is best recommended for web forms & other dynamic fields. So, when a user types in the address or customer record, it tends to show such records with ZIP or Postal codes. It also includes capturing the data inputs & comparing them with other authentic databases. Once the autofill Address API detects the data matches, it displays them with the real-time details available on the web. By doing so, you can see many verified, formatted, and standardized addresses easily. Another advantage of using an auto complete API is that as a user, you can select what you need, and whoosh…. you are ready to go!
- Whereas address verification API is said to be a universal solution. It helps the users validate the addresses to ensure accurate delivery, including constant AVS checks, address parsing, and customer/ user identity verification. Compared to US Address Autocomplete, address verification API sustains automated standardizations and parsing of the addresses. It helps you remove the wrong addresses from the database as per the USPS standards. Furthermore, Address verification APIs are generally used by many online businesses, healthcare, financial, and other organizations that accumulate large volumes of customer data.
Such differences between these APIs help you choose the right solutions you require. If you have a web resource, website, platform, or even an application that can be benefited from an address auto complete API, try discovering the other available options as mentioned below.
Capabilities of an Autofill Address API
When integrating an autofill address API, it is crucial to understand and select a solution that helps scale your business. Remember, platforms like PostGrid will work as a core part of your tech-stack while providing you with the following capabilities:
Producing Unit-based Data
It includes apartment, suite, room numbers, and cross-country or foreign addresses. Here, users can locate internal units as per their requirements.
Simplified UI & UX
Autocomplete address UI should align with your business as customers search for addresses naturally in various countries using different formats and languages. With fuzzy matching, a high-end solution will efficiently grasp an address in the case of typos, spellings errors, and other related errors.
As a tool, PostGrid provides you with the optimal results and automatically detects the country the user is in when locating the matching addresses. It is to allow you to build a single checkout form for every client that visits your web platform.
Solutions like PostGrid handle high-speed and large volume mailings or transactions as your business may process thousands of queries a minute.
High-Quality Data & Information
Data is drawn from high-quality data sets, such as the USPS & other Postal Service, to serve as the source of a good address autocomplete API. Address information should be current and accurate.
Compatible with Cross-functional Devices
The API highly supports cross-devices while targeting or browsing the experience of your customers.
Benefits of Address Autocompleting API
A company’s operational efficiency, checkout flows, and error prevention can be improved with address auto complete technology. Standardized and verified addresses ensure a smooth shopping experience from point of sale (PoS) to order fulfillment and delivery. The following are the benefits address autocomplete API delivers to businesses:
- Data with accurate addresses. Correct address data as soon as possible to reduce the number of failed deliveries
- Reduce the number of abandoned shopping carts. Improve the ease of checkout for customers
- Automatically suggesting addresses, phone numbers, and emails save customers time and confirm their accuracy in real-time
- As a result, customer records are kept accurate. Address autocompleting APIs can help you to keep customer records accurate
- Easy phone & email verification. You can also keep track of ready data, in real-time
Why Use Autocomplete Address API?
Use cases for the Geocoder Autocomplete API are summarized in the following table.
|Reduced Keystroke||Typically, after the end-user begins typing, a list of address suggestions appears. By selecting an address from this list, the end-user can determine how to locate it.|
|Help with Spelling Errors||In response to the user input, suggestions are immediately provided so that they may complete, standardize, or correct them accordingly.|
|Helps with all the aspects of Addresses||You receive help in completing an address-related request depending on your requests.
PostGrid for Address Autocomplete
Our address verification API is USPS compliant and CASS-Certified Restful API. You can easily integrate the same with any of your tech-stack, system solutions, and more. PostGrid helps you autocomplete addresses while checking out or even help others to fill out any web-based form. Our service also sustains user roles, so you can be assured that your data is safe while processing. Additionally, it securely manages and handles your data and stores everything in the cloud.
Sign up with us today and get started with address verification and address complete API for your business.
How Can Our Address Autocomplete API Benefit Different Industries
PostGrid’s address autocomplete API helps various sectors improve database quality and manage customer records. Here is how it works for different industries, including
Medical care providers, like hospitals, nursing centers, dental offices, and others, use address autocomplete for patient intake and data maintenance. They can integrate our API into their hospital management system (HMS). It lets them use all the features within their regular workflows.
Here are some examples:
- Patient data protection: You can use PostGrid’s address autocomplete API for secure data entry. We follow HIPAA and other privacy regulations to help keep your patient records confidential.
- Confirm patient identity: Address autocomplete lets you use geocoding data to confirm address validity. It allows you to identify spam consultation bookings or contact inquiries, helping you maintain a HIPAA-compliant database.
- Send prescriptions to the correct addresses: Verify patients’ delivery addresses to mail them their medications on time.
- Improve medical billing: Create healthcare bills with accurate patient information using our address autocomplete API at point-of-entry.
Real estate firms can use PostGrid’s address autocomplete API to verify whether the places they post online are valid.
Our API enables real estate businesses to post ads with the correct addresses. It helps you communicate valid details with potential property buyers or tenants, helping them trust you.
Address autocomplete lets you be proactive with accurate information, simplifying your job and saving time!
If you own a property listing website, our address autocomplete API can check the authenticity of every listing. You can integrate our solutions into your website without coding or technical expertise.
Other things our API can help you with include
- Address positioning.
- Data collection from authoritative sources.
- Batch geocoding.
Commercial banks, CPA firms, brokerage agencies, and other companies can use PostGrid’s address autocomplete API.
It enables them to cross-confirm client data using USPS’s authoritative database. Thus, they can access high-quality data for client interactions and offer tailored services.
Your business can use address autocomplete services to
- Process loan applications: Validate client identities and check their address accuracy with PostGrid. Our solutions let you record valid information and swiftly process home and personal loans.
- Customer onboarding: Help people open an online account with you within minutes using our address autocomplete API. You may also use it to onboard new clients by letting them enter their details on your portal without typing everything.
- Customer service optimization: Spend less time on calls and promptly resolve clients’ queries. Address autocomplete lets you access accurate records beforehand to help customers if they contact you.
- Credit card applications: Validate your applicants’ delivery addresses with our autocomplete API. It allows you to accept applications and ship credit cards without getting mail returns.
Retail and E-Commerce
Companies accepting online orders can significantly benefit from address autocomplete solutions. They can allow customers to checkout faster by letting them enter addresses within a few keystrokes.
Our address autocomplete API enables customers to select their valid address from a list of suggestions. It ensures your website captures only error-free and deliverable records.
Also, you can personalize your customer interactions with this feature. For example, you can verify their addresses and show them the nearest store details. It enables you to tailor your marketing messages and get better traffic online and in-store.
PostGrid’s address autocomplete API also lets you-
- Improve point-of-sale experiences.
- Manage shipments.
- Store correct customer records.
Our address autocomplete API enables insurance companies to get more clients and efficiently onboard them. For example, they can validate their prospect addresses for location-based marketing.
Also, they can send promotional materials to the correct addresses to ensure high responses.
- Data enrichment: Postrid’s address autocomplete lets you improve your data quality. It adds missing details and uses fuzzy matching to modify errors.
- Claim calculation: Validate clients’ locations to calculate claim payments. Our address autocomplete API makes processing claims a breeze whenever you must check location validity or other details.
- Client retention: Send holiday greetings, birthday wishes, and marketing mailers to the correct customer addresses. Create personal bonds and keep your clients from switching to a competitor.
How Does PostGrid’s International Address Autocomplete Work?
There are different address formats globally. You may notice significant changes in the address styles if you serve an international audience.
Address autocomplete enables you to keep up with these changes. It automatically reformats the addresses according to the destination country’s guidelines.
International address autocomplete uses the databases of 245+ countries. It can predict global addresses in real-time, helping your customers enter correct mailing data.
Also, it completes the transliteration process for every entry. Transliteration helps swap letters and convert your address texts into different scripts.
This process lets you send customer orders or marketing mailers to any country and ensure the items reach the correct destinations.
Bulk Address Autocomplete to Keep Up With Your Volume
PostGrid offers on-demand and bulk solutions to suit your needs. You can integrate our address autocomplete API into your system to predict any quantity of delivery addresses.
Bulk autocomplete is helpful to businesses because
- They can verify their old databases to put them to good use.
- It lets their website deal with high traffic.
PostGrid’s flexible pricing lets you select your package based on your volume needs. And you can upgrade whenever required without undergoing extra steps.
Does PostGrid’s Address Autocomplete API Allow You to Build New Mailing Lists?
PostGrid enables its clients to create targeted mailing lists from scratch. They can select which demographics they want to focus on for marketing or other purposes.
You can use our address autocomplete API to create mailing lists from different locations. For example, imagine you want to target a locality in Princeton with the ZIP code – 08540.
Our solutions can help you populate your mailing list with all the addresses within this ZIP code. You may advertise your services in specific neighborhoods or conduct data mapping for other reasons.
The best part is that our address autocomplete is quick! It can do its job within microseconds, saving time and offering accurate results.
FAQs About Autocomplete API
What is the difference between Address Autocomplete API and Geocoding API?
The address autocomplete API also helps the users with return address suggestions for the added address data. Whereas, Geocode API helps search the location for the added address. Additionally, the address autocompletes API tends to work with a partial address too and help you find addresses too, while Geocode API does not- It assumes that the address you provided is complete.
How to use Address Autocomplete API?
Address autocomplete API lets you build high-quality data including address inputs along with verification forms. In case you call the API when on user-input and highlight the address suggestions in a drop-down list. You can read more, by going through our docs.
What is the pricing of Autocomplete Address API at PostGrid?
You can choose from our packages to use our Address Verification API. You can check the pricing page for more details.
Can I use the Address Autocomplete API for Free?
Umm… We do not currently offer any free plan yet. But, you can save 10% by choosing from our packages today.
What payment methods do you accept?
PostGrid accepts different types of payments, and they are generally credit cards and debit cards. They include:
China UnionPay (CUP)
Discover & Diners
Japan Credit Bureau (JCB)
You can go through our pricing page to start up with address verification and save a 10% discount. Click here to visit our pricing and verify high-quality addresses.
Ready to Get Started?
Start transforming and automating your offline communications with PostGrid